Back To Latest News
Downtown Parking Lot and Street Closures for the 3rd Annual Pigs and PedalsPosted on 07/29/16
ASHEBORO, NC – The following parking lot and street closures will occur on the day and time noted below in order to prepare for and carry out the 3rd Annual Pigs and Pedals event. For information on this exciting event, go to http://www.pigsandpedals.com. Citizens and visitors to Asheboro are requested to have their non-event vehicles moved from these locations prior to the closures.
Parking Lot Closures: Fri., August 5th at 6:00 a.m.
• Bicentennial Park (a small area of parking may be closed the night of Thurs., August 4th)
• Church Street Three-Tiered Parking Lot (at W. Academy Street)
• City Hall Parking Lot, including all spaces behind City Hall – access to the utility billing kiosk behind City Hall will remain open throughout the event
Business owners and employees will be permitted to park on North Street and at the Asheboro Masonic Lodge parking lot on Sunset Avenue. City of Asheboro personnel will be stationed at both of these locations. The two small parking lots on Hill Street will remain open throughout the event.
Street Closures: Sat., August 6th at 6:00 a.m.
• S. Fayetteville Street between Salisbury Street and W. Academy Street
• S. Cox Street between Worth Street and E. Academy Street
• Sunset Avenue between Church Street and S. Fayetteville Street
• Worth Street between S. Fayetteville Street and S. Cox Street
• North Street
• W. Academy Street
Streets should re-open for traffic by 9:00 p.m. on Sat., August 6th. Note: S. Church Street will remain open throughout the event. The Downtown Farmers’ Market will be open for business on Saturday, August 6th .