Randolph High SchoolThings To Do -> History and Heritage -> Cultural Heritage Sites (Liberty)
Randolph High School, for most of its existence, was the only consolidated county high school for black students in Randolph County. Built in 1951 at a cost of $135,000 the school had 14 classrooms, a library, home economics and science rooms, plus a combination gymtorium and cafeteria. Black students were bused to Liberty from as far away as Seagrove, some riding two hours to get to school. Randolph High School came to an end in 1965 when Title V1 barred the use of federal funds for segregated education and schools.
Public accessibility: Exterior views only