1888 Gate Keepers HouseThings To Do -> History and Heritage -> Historic Landmarks (Asheboro)
The Gatekeeper‘s House is the only surviving structure of the Basil John Fisher estate. Fisher, a native of Scotland, traveled to Asheboro in the mid-1880s to help manage a Randolph County gold mine and acquired a 384-acre estate that included the Gatekeeper‘s House. Originally located near Sunset Avenue, the house was moved to its present location in 1964 and is noted for its elaborate eaves and porch post brackets.
Public accessibility: Exterior views; interior by appt only
Disclaimer: Randolph County and its municipalities have designated a variety of historic landmarks. Just as with state and national historic landmarks, visitors should be aware that some are private and not open to the public. Please contact the Visitors Bureau for additional information regarding accessibility before traveling long distances.