Visitors Bureau Requests Updates for 2012 Official Visitors & Dining GuidePosted on 07/28/11
ASHEBORO, NC - The Heart of North Carolina Visitors Bureau has begun production on its 2012 official visitors guide. The visitor guide is the primary fulfillment piece provided to travelers to and within Randolph County and is distributed nationally and internationally through the state's Welcome Centers, VisitNC.com, 800-VisitNC, HeartofNorthCarolina.com; and locally at the Visitors Bureau in downtown Asheboro, area chamber offices, and the Randolph County Visitor Centers. The guide features countywide museums and attractions, outdoor fun, arts and entertainment, history and heritage, golf, sports and racing, parks and recreation, vineyards and wineries, and the annual calendar of festivals and events.
If you believe you may be eligible for FREE inclusion in the 2012 guide, the deadline to submit a properly listing form is 5 PM on Wednesday, August 31, 2011. Guidelines include, but are not limited to the following:
• Must be a legally operating and tax-paying (if applicable) business.
• Must be located within the borders of Randolph County and/or have a physical Randolph County street address and zip code unless otherwise noted; and an operable telephone number, either landline or cellular.
• Must bring in 25% of visitors from outside of a 60 mile perimeter.
• Must be reasonably clean and meet applicable county and state Department of Health guidelines.
• Must be of interest and open to the general public at least three days per week, three hours per day with the exception of live musical shows and dinner theaters operating on a year-round weekly schedule; agricultural tours that are made available to groups by appointment; outdoor parks and recreation properties that are subject to seasonal restrictions; history and heritage landmarks that can be viewed only from the outside due to private ownership restrictions; and history and heritage research facilities that are made available to visitors by appointment.
• Cannot promote nudity, drunkenness or lewd behavior.
Submission for inclusion in the annual calendar of festivals and events must meet all prior guidelines and must also include specific dates, including start and end dates and hours, event organizer or manager name, and operable telephone number, either landline or cellular. Events that do not meet these criteria will not be included in the guide.
Requests for property listing forms for publication must be made directly to the Heart of North Carolina Visitors Bureau. In order to be considered, it is the full responsibility of owners, managers, and event organizers to provide complete, accurate and updated information in a timely manner. For additional information or questions regarding eligibility, please contact Amber Williams at (336) 626-0364, ext 202; or by email to [email protected].
The Heart of North Carolina Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization for Randolph County Tourism Development Authority, representing Archdale, Asheboro, Franklinville, Liberty, Ramseur, Randleman, Seagrove, Staley, and Trinity; and operates solely on occupancy taxes generated by overnight guests in Randolph County. For additional information, call (336) 626-0364 or go to HeartofNorthCarolina.com.