Run to Victory presented by Walmart - resultsPosted on 12/13/09
In the fourth annual Run to Victory presented by Walmart, approximately 1,015 half-marathon and five-mile runners braved the cold and rain to hit the pavement to raise money for Victory Junction. This was largest group of participants in the race's four year history. The race brought in over $122, 000 to Victory Junction.
Victory Junction is a year-round camping environment for children, ages 6 to 16, with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses. Its mission is to provide life-changing camping experiences that are exciting, fun and empowering, in a safe and medically-sound environment.
Teaming up with Runner's World columnist and John Bingham Racing founder John "The Penguin" Bingham to organize the event, Run to Victory presented by Walmart offered two options for participants; a half marathon and a five-mile run/walk.
Men's Top-Three, Half-Marathon Winners
1. Derek Fenton, Holly Springs, NC, 1:15:45
2. Christian Crifasi, Coleridge, NC, 1:19:50
3. Donald Moore, Florissant, CO, 1:25:44
Women's Top-Three, Half-Marathon Winners
1. Amy Cernava, Asheboro, NC, 1:33:41
2. Tara Flint, Greensboro, NC, 1:36:50
3. Amy Mercer, Lexington, NC, 1:37:22
Men's Top-Three, Five-Mile Winners
1. Robert Whiting, Greensboro, NC, 32:55
2. Brian Miller, Forest, VA, 36:22
3. Jake Strickland, Asheboro, NC, 36:43
Women's Top-Three, Five-Mile Winners
1. Stefanie Morse, 38:43
2. Gina Dixion, Summerfield, NC, 40:19
3. Laura Lawless, Greensboro, NC, 40:46
For more information on Victory Junction, visit www.victoryjunction.org.