North Carolina Farms Open for Late Spring EventsPosted on 06/01/21
North Carolina farms are offering tours, u-pick for flowers and fruit, farm stands, and special events for late spring. There are a variety of agritourism activities to choose from including Memorial Day weekend festivals, blueberry, blackberry, and flower picking, farm camps for children, and workshops for adults. Following is a selection of experiences offered at North Carolina farms through July 4th.
Visitors are encouraged to download the Visit NC Farms app to discover more than 1,200 destinations and farms nearby and across the state. You can also search for local and regional agritourism locations at gottobenc.com. Verify event dates, ticket requirements, and hours of operation before going.
At public gatherings, follow state coronavirus/Covid-19 safety measures for the good of yourself and others: wear a mask, keep your hands clean, and let everyone enjoy their time out-and-about with a bit of personal space. When in doubt, stand six feet out.
- Our Local Farm of Smithfield will be offering Reservation-Only Farm Tours Monday-Saturday, Kids Farm School, and Adult Classes. Farm School and Adult Classes will be held in June 2021.
- Millstone Creek Orchards of Ramsuer has its barn, playground, market and picnic area open. It will also host an Orchard Birthday Bash Memorial Day Weekend, and an outdoor concert series on June 19, 2021.
- Brookhaven Mill Farm has a petting zoo, farm store, snack shack and more for visitors. The farm will host a Community Garden Planting and Lavender Harvest later this spring.
- Pick Your Own Bouquet at Flint Rock Farm of Cameron. Call to schedule an appointment, likely beginning late June-early summer.
- Prodigal Farm of Rougemont offers small group and private tours Fridays-Sundays and by special appointment.
- Visit TRIPLE BBB VINEYARD of Shelby for personal picnic areas June 1, 2021 through the summer and Fall. Area is located around a Muscadine vineyard.
- Sunshine Lavender Farm’s June Bloom will be Saturdays, June 5 and June 12, 2021. Visit for a farm tour, picnic, crafting with fresh lavender, paint a barn quilt square or create a glass blown hummingbird feeder with a master artist. Reserve timed tickets. Located in Hurdle Mills.
- Cut your own Flowers at Fernrock Farm in Orange County. Stroll through beds of blooms and cut Southern favorites. Make a reservation at fernrockfarm.square.site. Openings will be available Thursdays-Saturdays.
- Blackberry Ridge Farm in Huntersville is having a July Jamboree with food truck, local beer, farm tour, pick-your-own flowers, wild blackberry picking, local vendor market and fireworks.
- Make an appointment for blackberry picking, farm tours and flower picking at McLawland Farms LLC in Charlotte.
- Jireh Family Farm in Durham will be hosting outdoor summer farm camps for kids. Camps are for children 5-12 years old. Dates begin June 7, 2021.
- Check out Old Mill Farm Durham’s Fridays at the farm with live music, animal encounters and beer and wine for sale. Also check out the Father’s Day event June 19 and summer camp for kids starting June 14, 2021.
- SandyCreek Farm of Lexington is having its annual Blueberry Fest. Visit on June 26, 2021, 10am-4pm, for u-pick, music, food, farm store and greenhouse.
- The ice cream shop at Willow Oak Farms in Fuquay-Varina is open with summer specials. The farm will be having a sunflower festival with admission to its sunflower fields, summer produce and u-pick gardens.